Thursday, November 3, 2011

"C" is for Calvin ...again!


I finally got around to the melted crayon project, my gateway project into the fab world of Pinterest!

I did the project outside - a MUST & was prepared for a mess, MUST #2!!

For the letter "C" project. I used Crayola brand crayons, the yellow seemed to melt a little slower than the other colors, but did a great job & stayed thick enough to cover the canvas thoroughly. I also used the calendar maker cartridge in my Cricut to make the big "C". I did it on fit to page & used the shadow script button...I LOVE this font!!

When finished, I put painters tape on the back of the frame to keep some of the stray drips from getting all over the wall where it is hanging.

One tip I have now that I did one, do 3-5 layers of tape when taping off your monogram & painting the canvas first....these will both help the crayon from bleeding into the monogram. This week, I will be painting the "C" to cover up the bleeding that occurred on my project.

HAPPY MELTING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment