Monday, July 2, 2012

OWLS!!!

 My new craft-room/home office is coming along nicely!!  We painted it a neutral color (it was min green) and I started adding primary touches and OWLS!! I think they are adorable...and, I have been told that my maiden name, Uhl, means owl in German (the German spelling is eule I believe.)  Also, C had some GREAT owl art from preschool & kindergarten, so it all came together great!!  Here are a few of the owls & art I have added. 

 I had C paint this birdhouse in my "room palette" and it is too cute next to the owl magnet/mini puzzle that my friends Wendy & Will brought me from Cozumel
 C made this owl in 4's preschool, 
I matted it in primary colors for my room
& added the age he was when he made it.
This was a $1 buy at JoAnn Fabrics &
I let C go wild with the crayons!
 C made this one in kindergarten.
it is a crayon owl they made
at the beginning of the year. 
I matted it with a fabric that
looks super cute in my room &
used a damaged frame from JoAnn's
that cost about $2
(the plexi-glass was cracked, so I just took it out)
 Another gift from Wendy!!
This was for my birthday!!
(from Hobby Lobby)
 This is a 4x6 frame that I have had
FOREVER.  I had C draw
a tiny 2.5" x 2.5" owl, matted it
and put acute printed paper behind it.

Paper handprint owl!
This is not my fav 
(the colors are a little dull for me)
....so, I re-did it in primary colors 
*pictures of re-do soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment