Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shower Favors

For favors to our guests at Dan & Becky's bridal shower, mom & I knitted about 25 washcloths (the EASIEST thing to knit - EVER!). We then attached a cute little thank you tag to each one....they were a BIG hit!!

WASHCLOTH PATTERN
Use size 6 to 8 US needles (we used 8)
100% cotton yarn (we used Sugar 'n' Cream) - variegated colors look the best!

cast on 4 stitches
knit 2, yarn over, knit to end of row
repeat until you have 40-50 stitches (we did 50)
Once you reach 50 stitches:
knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together
repeat until you have 4 remaining stitches, bind off
& weave beginning & ending yarn into sides of dishcloth.

And enjoy them for YEARS! They are incredibly durable, just wash & dry with any load of laundry you are doing! The cost is about 2 washcloths/$2.50, so I just toss them & make new ones when they become too tattered or holey.

1 comment:

  1. I love the one I got. I don't knit, could you sell me some? Let me know on facebook, Ok?

    ReplyDelete