Thursday, March 22, 2012

Organizing with OCD & on a BUDGET (part 2)

RE-PURPOSE - EVERYTHING!!
Whether you call it recycling, up-cycling, re-purposing or keeping trash
(my husband's name choice)...there is always a NEW use for an old item!!  
Below are a few items that I am LOVING in my craft-room and throughout our home.  

***********************************************************************************

Doesn't every house have a discarded (& never-again-in-my-house) fishbowl?  It looks super cute with all of my silk & paper flowers in it on the shelf or on my craft table!!







Know a knitter?  This is a knitting caddy, turned paper holder!  And it is just perfect for all of those little snips and scraps of paper that you just canNOT part with!!  I just used 12x12 sheet protectors to sort my paper by color in it & voila!  (I think my dad paid $1 for it at a yard sale for me.)







When my grandma passed 10+ years ago, I inherited (among many other treasures) her picnic basket.  For YEARS it has sat empty in our storage room....until I re-discovered sewing!!  It is perfect for all of my "to do" projects material and I am reminded of many fond memories by having it out and USED everyday....plus it looks super cute in my craft-room!! 




GOT JARS?  If you have a depression era parent or grandparent, I bet there is a shelf in the basement just full of them!  Pinterest has a million+ ideas for mason jars as well.  The jars in this picture are from a craft store & had embellishments in them at the time of purchase.  
Now, they are filled and colorfully, cute on my shelf!!  
I also have a Mason jar on my kitchen counter with "holiday" candies in it, 
currently it is bright & yummy jelly beans!!


No comments:

Post a Comment