Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sharpie Plates!

I had to jump on the Sharpie / plate phase....and here is my take on it....

Are you really going to toss this in the dishwasher or eat off of it, ever?  
Not me - so, in my opinion it doesn't need to be dishwasher safe.

....so....I let my son color our family portrait on a Dollar Tree plate with Sharpie brand markers, baked it at 350 for 30 minutes, let it cool & put it on a stand.  BAM!  cute art accomplished!

If you are going to eat off of it, make a birthday or "Great Day" plate, then you will want to try different markers & methods of washing the finished plates.  *I hear that the oil/paint based Sharpies are the way to go, but have NOT tried them myself.*

**I also had C decorate small glass candy jars at Christmas for his grandparents, also from Dollar Tree, and then filled them with their favorite candies.  

And he did a napkin holder in an owl motif for my office.

Our Valentine plate!
...the black is covering our name....not my son's handy work...

Next up, an Easter plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment